Answered By: Linda Braiman
Last Updated: Mar 17, 2021     Views: 143

Where is the class being taken? If it is at MVC or Norco, you will need to access the databases from one of those colleges.The section numbers for your courses will indicate which college’s library resources you have access to:

  • Section numbers that start with 2 are MVC sections.
  • Section numbers that start with 3 are Norco sections.
  • Section numbers that start with 4 are RCC sections.

You can verify your section numbers through a variety of online resources (the student portal, WebAdvisor, Canvas, etc.)  

If you are not currently enrolled in active sections, you will not have access to library resources.

For Riverside databases, be sure remote login screen has an image of a tiger on the College Card.


After exhausting all of the suggestions above, try sending a letter from your RCC student email account along with your student ID number, and the section number(s) to the courses you are enrolled in to the

Ask a Librarian a Question

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.